What can cause extreme pain in the inner elbow region of the right hand?
Seems like nerve pain and analgesics needed.
Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in the best way possible. First of all, it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, it seems most likely to be nerve pain and the area that is involved is supplied by ulnar nerve and any compression or structural deformity involving ulnar nerve may present like that.
Meanwhile, for temporary pain relief, OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can be used however if the pain is severe more potent analgesics like tramadol or nerve pain suppressants like gabapentin or duloxetine can be used.
If pain persists cause work up like with nerve conduction studies, local examination by a neurologist and Xrays may be needed. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Hope this has answered your query.
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elbow pain hand gets cold
- Muscular pain on hands elbows hips no fever medication
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- Pain in hands elbows shoulders hips knees extreme fatigue treatment
- Any medicine for right hand tennis elbow pain
- Right elbow pain causes
- Pain in right elbow and hand asleep
- Painful lump in inner elbow
- What is the cause for pain in elbow joint
- I have pain in my right hand shoulder to my elbow