What can cause ear pain along with other symptoms of a sinus infection?
How can I receive a prescription for my sinus infection!
Most of sinus infections need just over the counter medicines.
90% of the sinus infections are self limited and will heal by themselves in 5-7 days because the causes are viral. So most of the cases the over the counter medicines are enough. The same applies for the ear pain.
If your sinus symptoms will last more then 10 days, then you will need an antibiotic. We cannot give prescriptions here, so you will need to take it at your local doctor. Amoxicillin 3 times/day for 7 days is the right treatment. Sometimes you can get that in the pharmacy without the need of a prescription.
Meanwhile, what can help a lot a sinus infection are nose lavage with saline solution, 2 times/day.
Take a painkiller for the pains and the ear ache, but also for the inflammation.
If worse or not better, I would recommend seeing a local doctor.
Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sphenoid sinus infection symptoms
- Sinus infection sore throat ear pain mild fever
- Sinus infections ear pain
- Sinus infection causes ear infection
- Deep sinus infection symptoms
- Sinus infection strep throat ear pain fever dizziness cause
- Pain behind ears sinus infection
- Sinus infection symptoms ear ringing
- Severe sinus infection ear pain taking decongestants help
- Sinus infection symptoms dizziness