What can cause dizziness and ringing in the ears?
Ear infection wouldn't explain all the symptoms.
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Some of the symptoms like headache, dizziness and buzzing (if on one side) might appear in the setting of an inner ear infection. However such an infection wouldn't justify that passing out feeling and the hand shaking, even if you had an inner ear infection shouldn't be responsible for that. The same would go for the sinusitis suggested by your doctor though, so not sure I agree with him either. In any case some cheap routine blood tests like a blood count and metabolic panel might be useful to search for changes indicating infections, anemia (which could produce those symptoms) or metabolic abnormalities. If your doctor strongly feels it's related to sinuses sinus imaging may be done as well.
If tests turn out normal and there are no other symptoms or findings in physical exam then I would also consider the possibility of anxiety. It would justify the hand shaking, dizziness and passing out feeling which are common with anxiety. It is also commonly associated with tension type headache which manifests with the headache and pressure feeling you describe.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dizzy n ringing in the ears is a sign of what
- Ringing ears dizzy coughing
- What causes lump behind ear and extreme dizziness
- Ear ache ringing dizzy
- Ear ringing dizzy and nauses
- What causes dizziness pain in left ear and headaches
- Dizziness exhaustion ringing in ears
- Headaches dizziness and ringing in ears what do they indicate
- Ringing in ears and dizziness help
- Does ear wax cause ringing andv dizziness
- What causes microvascular ischemic disease?
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches
- Can Lipitor cause brain damage?
- What causes severe migraine while on Cymbalta and Xanax?
- What are the signs and symptoms of brain aneurysm?
- What does intense pain in the temple suggest?
- What causes intense fatigue, tingling sensation in the feet and leg pain?
- What causes agitation and inappropriate sexual behavior while having...
- Suggest remedies for muscle pain, dizziness and constipation when...
- Can stress cause cyanotic discoloration on the extremities?