What can cause an elevated CEA level?
Hello and thank you for asking
There is a correlation between smoking and elevated CEA levels. Smoking reduces the ability of the immune system to produce the antibodies needed to fight off antigens .Serum CEA levels rise with each cigarette smoked.
In my opinion you should repeat your test after 1-2 months.
If you have diarrhea how has not been diagnosed than a colonoscopy will help
I've had a colonoscopy. Polyps removed before cea test.
Have an apt with GI DOC next week
Just want an answer regarding my CEA AT 9.1
In my opinion your CEA level it’s not related to cancer in your case due to the fact that is not that high
Exept the fact that you are former smoker also infection, inflammatory bowel disease, polips of bowl can rise the CEA level
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of elevated cea
- What causes elevated ldh levels
- At what point is elevated cea dangerous
- Causes of slightly elevated cea
- Does smoking cause elevated cea level
- Can white wine elevate blood cea levels
- Elevated cea level fatty liver
- What causes elevated sodium level
- Can gout elevate cea levels during chemotherapy
- Can ibs cause elevated cea level
- What does this blood report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for severe hand cramps
- Suggest treatment for bloating and severe lower abdominal pain while...
- What does a PSA reading of 162 indicate?
- What do intermittent constipation episodes indicate?
- What causes fatigue and dizziness while suffering from supraventricular...
- What causes a bulging vein on the temple of a child?
- What does a large soft lump in the testicular sac indicate?
- What causes persistent pain in the leg after knee surgery?
- Suggest treatment for severe dizziness