question-icon

What can cause a tender spot on my right leg while having rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes?

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018
Question: Yes, I have tender spot on my right leg that came up yesterday afternoon, halfway between knee and ankle, just to the left of my shin bone. Last night I wrapped it with moist heat which seemed to help tremendously and it was better this morning. I don't think it started with a bruise as I've not noticed one. This afternoon I've noticed it's still tender to the touch with a slight fever, although not nearly as bad as yesterday. I'm a 64-yr old female, with Rheumatoid Arthritis, type 1 diabetes, HBP, Thyroid issues. Obviously my endocrine system hasn't worked in a while; therefore, I generally do not panic over much of anything that's added to my list and will try my best to figure things out before rushing to yet another medical appointment. Thoughts? XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please upload relevant skin images.

Detailed Answer:

I can certainly understand your concern.

I have worked through your attached query in detail.

I can guide you better if you can upload images of the affected skin for a better understanding and a thorough guidance.

You can share the images on our webpage at "upload reports" option.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu (4 hours later)
Picture posted
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Possible superficial soft tissue infection.

Detailed Answer:

Hello Sir,

I have worked through your attached images in detail.

The possibility of superficial soft tissue infection is high in your case.

It's advisable to consider a short course of antibiotics to improve your symptoms.

I generally prescribe oral pills of Amoxyclav to my patients with such symptoms. Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to you.

Review after 3 days to determine further course of action.

Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Suresh Heijebu