What can cause a red line under the eye and swelling of the lower lid?
Thanks for the query.
Normally such types of bruises occur due to injury.
In the absence of any history of injury,there are following main reasons for it.
1... If a person is on some medications like aspirin or anti coagulants.
2...if a person is suffering from some bleeding disorder.
3...some times in old age a person may get bruising because of thinning of skin.
If this is a single episode then ypu may simply wait and watch.
If however you are having repeated episodes of bruising,then you should consult a doctor and get relevant investigations for bleeding disorder done.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eye swelling under left eye
- What causes redness in eyes and extreme swelling of lids
- Red lining in eye lid
- Causes of redness under eyes
- Treatment for lower eye lid swelling
- What causes one eye lid to swell
- What causes swelling under eyes what is the treatment
- What causes white stuff under eye lids
- Under eye swelling and redness
- Red dot in the lower eye lid