Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What can be the reason for burning sensation while urinating with white discharge from penis ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 336 Questions
I notice this morning some white discharge coming from my penis. I'm uncut. I haven't had any sexual intercourse for the past 2 weeks. I also notice that the tip of my penis is little swollen and redish. I do not have trouble urinating. Actually, I urinate once or twice a day. When pee flow this morning there was a little burning sensetion. I'm not itchy. My lower back is sore a little bit I do not know if that could be related or could be that i took a nap on the couch. If I try to squeze the white discharge it would come in very small amount. but if I leave alone for a while and go back and check, my penis will be full. I didn't have sex, but I received a bj, cold that be related? Anyhow, hat could my symptom be?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 26 minutes later

From the history given it seems that you might be having balanitis, a inflammatory state of the glans penis.

It could have occurred due to abrasion of the penis during the oral sexual encounter. This is a benign condition and will soon subside.

Hydrocortisone cream application to the red and inflammed part of the penis might help reduce the discomfort. In addition taking medication like Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day will help in early resolution of the symptoms.

The pill mentioned will also relieve any persistant backache that you might be having due to sleeping on the couch.

In case the oral sex was provided by a person not known to you, the chances of STDs could be higher. In such a situation testing for STDs including gonorrhea, chlamydia and herpes would be helpful to prevent further spread of infection and more complications. Hence consulting a doctor for a examination and STD testing might be helpful in such a situation.

I hope this helps to answer your questions effectively. Please feel free to consult me again if you have any doubts.


Dr Anvekar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor