What can be the cause of low WBC count?

Question
I recently had some bloodwork done and my anion gap was 2 and my b/c ratio was 25.3. My potassium level was normal but just slightly above the lowest level and my choloride level was also normal but also just slightly above the lowest level. Finally, my My WBC count was low at 4.1 and my EO% was 3.7%. Can you tell me what all this means?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have taken a look at the attached results. Grossly speaking, the CBC report and the comprehensive metabolic panel are within normal limits. I will not want to make these a big deal unless we get to report persistence of these findings on future testing. For now, all I recommend is that you get a control of these tests in about 6months and we would only consider further action should these abnormalities still lights up. An anion gap of 2 is normal.

The UA shows findings suggestive of a possible urinary tract infection. I will suggest that you get a urine culture for the specific germ to be identified and managed correctly.

In all, control the comprehensive metabolic panel and CBC in 6months. Get a urine culture for germ identification, antibiotic testing and sensitivity for correct treatment.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.