Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What can be taken for infertility after having a child?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
My wife is african, 32 years, one child 9 years. Now she has become infertile. I have checked my sperms and it´s OK. She gets vaginal discharge easy when she drink milk. What do you suggest?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

A woman becomes infertile after menopause and till she is ovulating regularly chances of conception are always possible.

Some uterine or ovarian abnormalities as cysts,PID,endometriosis can cause problems in conceiving and if treated appropriately pregnancy can occur.

Since she has already delivered one child I do not feel that there should be any problem in second one.Sometimes woman have hormonal derangements or due to stress,any emotional cause which can cause her abstaining from having intercourse.

Regarding the vaginal discharge it is a normal phenemonon which helps in cleaning the vagina.

It has no relation with the food intake/milk.The discharge is increased during pregnancy,stress,excitement etc.

If the diacharge is associated with any foul smell and changes in colour as yellow/green then it is indicative of infection which is totally curable.

If she is not able to conceive even after having regular intercourse consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation and investigations as Hormonal Work Up and USG scan.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor