What can be done to relieve pain of an engorged breast while breastfeeding from one breast?
My wife has feed her 2 month baby from one breast because of cracked nipples pain in other breast.
Now breast got engorged .
She is much worried.What should her do?
thanks in advance.
Hot fomentation and expression of milk.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As her breast got enforced, she should do hot fomentation and expression of milk.
If there is abscess fermentation than required pain killer and antibiotics as well.
Hope you found useful, feel free to ask more information.
It is a gynecological case.
You are always welcome.
Yes, it is a case of a gynecologist and she can take antibiotics and painkiller after examination by the treating doctor because they are the prescription drugs.
For fomentation either you can take warm water (as tolerated) or warm cloth and apply over her breast which makes it soft then you can express the milk with the help of your hands.
But if you are unable to do it kindly consult a Gynecologist to do it properly under supervision.
It is not cancer but may cause cellulitis and abscess (infection in breast).
Hope you found this useful.
Dr. Richa Agarwal, OBGYN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stabbing pain in breast breastfeeding
- Breast pain in breastfeeding women
- Massage breast while breastfeeding
- Painless lump in breast while breastfeeding
- Deep breast pain breastfeeding
- Other breast leaks while breastfeeding
- Fibrocystic breast disease and breastfeeding
- Back pain painful breast and stomach dizziness nauseated breastfeeding help
- Breastfeeding and pink dots on breast
- Sharp breast pain breastfeeding