Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What can be done for large red blood cells?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9349 Questions
My question What can I do about large re blood cells I do drink wine about 2glassrs a day,
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for the query.
Wine may be helpful but you should eat iron and vitamin XXXXXXX food. Some home remedies for improving red blood count are: Blackstrap molasses,dry cereal,Beef liver,Beets,Spinach,broccoli, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, roasted almonds, roasted cashews, or sunflower seeds.

If you want, you can find iron, B12 and supplements in form of tablets.
If there is significant anemia then you might need intraveous iron therapy or transfusional therapy and this should be treated in consultation with your doctor.
Usually women in your age have slight decreased red cells or hemoglobin,but it wont cause some significant symptoms until hemoglobin is lower than 10dg/ml.
Wish you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor