Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What can be done for Dysphagia caused due to humped spine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
What can be done for Dysphagia caused from a humpfd upper spine?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: at your age only medical management Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Your dysphagia is mostly due to nerve compression by the humped spine. But at your age surgery is not advisable. You can either go for an endoscopic stent placement or botulinum toxin injections. But for this you need to discuss with your local gastro specialist. Hope that i have answered all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor