What can be done for Dysphagia caused due to humped spine?

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: What can be done for Dysphagia caused from a humpfd upper spine?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: at your age only medical management Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Your dysphagia is mostly due to nerve compression by the humped spine. But at your age surgery is not advisable. You can either go for an endoscopic stent placement or botulinum toxin injections. But for this you need to discuss with your local gastro specialist. Hope that i have answered all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T