Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What can be done about the fever and pain due to bee sting?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
My son has a 100.7 temperature and is still in pain from a bee sting he got twelve hours ago. Is this normal?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 37 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) How many stings has he got?
2.) Did you try to remove the stinger?
3.) Does he have itching and swelling over the stings?
4.) Does he complain of pain?

He needs immediate medical care, Take him to a Doctor will remove stingers further and prescribe medications, which he will be needed to take as directed.

Try to remove the stinger by yourself using a tweezer and clean the area with clean soap and water. Apply cold compresses to relieve pain and swelling if any. Take him for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I Will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

I Wish him Good Health and Speedy Recovery.

Take Care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor