What can I eat and also food the I should avoid while taking levofloxacin?
You may be taking certain other medicines that should not be taken at the same time as levofloxacin. Avoid taking the following medicines within 2 hours before or after you take levofloxacin. These other medicines can make levofloxacin much less effective when taken at the same time:
antacids that contain magnesium or aluminum (such as Maalox, Mylanta, or Rolaids), or the ulcer medicine sucralfate (Carafate);
the ulcer medicine sucralfate (Carafate);
didanosine (Videx) powder or chewable tablets; or
vitamin or mineral supplements that contain iron or zinc.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Levofloxacin can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors. Call your doctor if you have severe burning, redness, itching, rash, or swelling after being in the sun.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking levofloxacin and call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What colour should the discharge be if you do take levofloxacin tablets?
- What is levofloxacin used for
- What causes pain in shoulderskneearmsback after taking levofloxacin
- Levofloxacin food interactions
- What is levofloxacin a remedy of
- Taking levofloxacin 750 mg
- What is the use of levofloxacin tablet
- How long to take levofloxacin
- Is levofloxacin safe to take in pregnancy
- Drinking alcohol while on levofloxacin
- What does "biapical pleural thickening through the lung apices" in CT...
- Muscle mass, lack of facial hair, male breasts, testosterone, hormonal...
- Bells palsy, minor trauma, medication, platelet function, bleeding, bruises
- Eye weakness, viral infection, nerve weakness in eye, bells palsy
- No period for 9 months, high prolactin levels, microandenoma,...
- Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy...
- Can Plan B cause spotting and blood clots in urine ?
- Salt in Chinese food, tachycardia, pulse rate 150, BP under control
- How can genetically obtained dry skin be treated ?
- Diabetes, high BP, renal failure, serum creatinine high, loss of...