Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

What can I do to lower my chances of getting cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
what can I do to lower my chances of getting woman cancer.when my mother and sister and two of my aunts died of them at young ages. I am 42 with 3 kids
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Advised annual screening.... Detailed Answer: Hi, If I were your caring doctor, would advise annual screening, including pap smear and mammography/breast ultrasound. I usually advise my patients at my clinic to get their breasts and armpits self-checked for unusual changes/discharge and swollen armpit lymph-nodes. I also encourage my patients to conduct a healthy lifestyle and diet regimen. I suggest to discuss with your primary physician to schedule annual screening. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to me. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What can I do to lower my chances of getting cancer? 1 hour later
I do all of that but was told what they died of is hard to find I. time they all died of offering
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 10 hours later
Brief Answer: No worry if annual screening reports are normal... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Having a family history of cancer does not necessarily mean that you will have cancer. It is great that you have been on annual screening, so, you might take proper measures in time. We try to do the best within our limitations as human beings. The rest does not depend on our willing! As long as the annual screening reports are fine, there is no need to be worried too much. All the best! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor