Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What can I do to increase my sons weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
My son is 1yr old .he was 2.75kgs whenhe was born know he is 8 KGS .he is on breastfeeding .what should be done to increase his weight
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi xxxx Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Relax,your baby is gaining adequate weight. Weight of baby doubles its birth weight by 5 months of age and triples by 1year. Since his birth weight was 2.75 so according to it 8kg is ok. Regarding diet give him home made diet. Give him fruit,boiled vegetables,cereals,egg,milk. Feed him small frequent meals. Add little butter or ghee to his meals. Avoid all kind of junk food like chips/candie Maggi/soft drinks etc. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What can I do to increase my sons weight? 5 hours later
Does lactogen help him gain weight
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Detailed Answer: Hi xxxx As I mentioned your baby is gaining adaquate weight. No need to give lactogen. Give him cows milk and good nutritious diet. Hope this helps. Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What can I do to increase my sons weight? 3 minutes later
He doesn't like cows milk .he spits it milk is not enough for him .can u suggest any milk apart from lactogen
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Thanks again. I understand your concern. Cows milk is must ,we cannot replace it with any formula . You can try buffallow milk. Relax it is very common for children to be reluctant taking milk. You need to be patient with him. Try to add some flavour like elachi or little chocolate powder or any other drink so as to change its white colour. Let me know if you have any further query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor