What can I do to ease the pain at the top of my foot despite being on medication?
I have been seeing a podiatrist for foot pain.He has been giving me shots in my foot.These shots last about two dayside. The pain is on the top of my foot.what else may I do to ease the pain in the top of my foot besides wearing a boot.
Diagnosis of cause & specific management/self-care.
* The pain in the top of the foot can be due to-
- Wearing tight (ill-fitting shoes)
- Inflammation of the tendons that pull the foot up words.
- Inflammation of sinus tarsi that runs between heel & ankle bone joint. In this case, the pain also extends to the side of the ankle.
- Stress fractures in the foot,
- Damage of nerves supplying the part (peripheral neuropathy, sciatica, lumbar spinal problem)
- Bone spurs, gout, peripheral neuropathy (with burning pain/ prickling pain) are some other causes of foot pain you have.
* Apart from wearing a boot with needful orthotics, try to get properly fitting boot, not causing pressure anywhere on foot (Including top)
- Try to get the well fitting boot (not causing pressure anywhere/top of foot)
- you should get investigated (blood tests for gout, MRI to find site & type of problem) to find basic cause of the problem & get specific treatment form concerned expert (Podologist/orthopedic surgeon/physiotherapist or physical therapist)
- Reduction of body weight/control of diabetes (as per need) plays a major role in the management of foot pain
- Regular physiotherapy would help a lot.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the medication for severe stomach pain
- What is the suggested medication for tooth pain
- What medication to ease pain of defloration
- Foot pain in medical transcriptionists
- What is the suggested medication for knee pain
- What is the suggested medication for arthritic pain in foot
- What is the medication for pain in tooth
- What is the suggested medication for back pain
- What is the medication for shoulder pain
- Drugs/medication for foot pains