Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What can I do for vaginal and pelvic soreness?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
I have been experiencing vaginal and pelvic soreness as well as pain during urination for about 7 hours now. I used to get similar pain somewhat frequently but it would go away within 5 hours or so. It seems like the symptoms of a UTI but I have had similar pain that I thought could be a UTI that went away much faster before.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

These symptoms could be either a UTI or even a vaginal infection.
Both could exist together also.
You will need a course of antibiotics.Before that you will need a urine examination and a pelvic ultrasound to rule out infection and renal pathology.Drink at least 3-4lit of water a day.Start a urinary alkaliniser also.
You should see a doctor for these tests as soon as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor