What Can I Do For Persistent Cough For Months With Some Mucus?
Thoughts on this
Persistent coughs should be looked into so I recommend you go in to see you primary physician for him/her to do an exam which should include listening to your lungs, checking your nose and throat, and getting a chest X-ray.
Persistent coughs are often from acid reflux (which can be "silent", i.e. without other symptoms). If the acid is refluxed high enough, it can cause irritation to the airways causing a cough.
It can also be from a past (or current) infection. So a complete blood count can be useful here too. Asthma can manifest as a cough but usually people also notice some resistance in their breathing. It is possible for a nervous tic to express as a cough.
Inflammatory processes such as from cigarette smoking can cause persistent coughing. If you are not a smoker, is it possible there is something in the air at work that is irritating you? Molds, chemicals, etc? Do you have this cough when you are in other environments?
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have pityriasis rosea rashes on prednisone why is it persistent
- Crawling itching skin around scrotum persistent
- Why is swelling and pain after elbow surgery persistent
- 6 year old sweats while sleeping persistent
- Lymph nodes swelling child persistent
- Tight chest after climb stairs persistent
- Why is jawline acne so persistent