Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What cab be done for joints and back pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 8257 Questions
hello.I was send email while ago.Problem was I went to 2 chiropractors and I had a manual treatment for my joints and pelvis.Becouse I had locked pelvis,he did manual adjustments to me and my hips wasn't leveled.My right side was mutch higher then lleft side.So he was leveling and last time,that was 2 weeks ago he did too many manual adjustments on me,becouse my right side went too mutch in a front and my hip bones went on side,just not siting right.It's difficult even to walk,I have a pain on my joints and my low back.I don't know what to do?Orthopedics only waisted time and money,them don't even want to help me.Mt GP not helpfull too.I need somebody,actually only good chiropractor can do that,back in place.But I don't know who can help me? XXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Need details Detailed Answer: Hi, I need to know since when are you having this problem. Was it after an injury or did it develop spontaneously or over a period of time? Did yo have history of polio in the past? As you describe, I feel this may be related to - arthritis of hip or the spine. - or may be related to disc of the spine. Based on my experience you will be served better by a Rheumatologist and not a chiropractor. I suggest you to consult a rheumatologist if you have visited one before you consider chiropractice. In the meanwhile, you may use vitamin supplements. I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms injections of vitamin B1,6,and 12 for 10 consecutive days, and then periodically. Along with it antinflammatory drugs like diclophenac sodium, paracetamol and chlorzoxazone combination can be helpful. Avoid taking potato, other tubers, tomato, egg, chicken, and sea foods for for few days. Though not documented you can have relief definitely. Hope this helps. If you have any queries, I will be pleased to clear your doubts. Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What cab be done for joints and back pain? 18 hours later
Hello again.This problem I have from XXXXXXX I was very fit a and healthy woman untill I got low back pain and went to chiropractor.He said my hips not streat.He moved my tailbone to right side and did adjustments to left side pelvis.After 6 weeks I felt my left side can't even reach,cudn't even put shoes on left side.I come back again,explain a situation and had my MRI scan with me.He looked and problem was my bulging dick,not a hips...He said I will back you where you was.He moved my tailbone back(how he explained to me)and did again adjustments to my left side.After that next day I got very bad kidney infection and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and my tailbone was hurt.I cudn't sit for 6-8 weeks.I was in bad pain,my all left side was up and was like puling me by aparts,my ligaments,my low back I cudn't even tuch.Was so painful.I was looking for help to orthopedics and in private clinics.Them only charge from me big amount of money and said nothing we can do-you be live in this pane for the rest of you life.I was in painkilers all the time and hot water botels around me to relief a pain.It was even hard to walk and sit....Later I was looking for help in London and faind a clinic,where working a chiropractor with 30 years experences.So,I decided to go there and doctor he checked me and did X-rays.he said I have left side hip bone bit higher then left side,just stiking out,but my legs was always leveled.(This reason why first chiropractor said my hips not streat).He said my left side pelvis locked.How he explained I'm suffering from sacro-iliac joint locking with turisting and torsian of my pelvis and lumbo-sacral spine.He manual adjusted me on right side and left side.I was staing for 3 days.He was doing adjustments like to pregnant woman,how he explained to me. my right side went 2 times and stoped and my left side went 3 times.He said he unlucked my pelvis.I was felt big relief,at least I didn't had that pain any more.Next time when I come back after 5 weeks,becouse my right side was higher then left side.Was very uncomfortable to work.He was leveling my sides,but still wasn't leveled,my right side was higher and I had bad joints pain too.I come back 3 time after 6 weeks and he did joints manual adjustments again and this time right side went too mutch in a front,I just shifted and my hip bones,anterior superior iliac spine went on a sides,just very uncomfortable,not siting on a right place,just like puling.My physioteraphy looked at my joints she said my muscles around joints very very stiff and like puling up.She said it cud be from muscles,becouse very strange bones can't move,but it fells like moved...I'm doing streches and exsisises for my pelvis.So and I have hip pain,becouse too many joints adjustments I have.I never had joints pain before and orthopedics was checking,them said my joints it's fain.This reason why I went to another chiropractor,becouse my pain was realy bad.I went to many doctors,but all of them was refuse to help me.I taking a vitamins and B group vitamins too,but vitamins will not put me back in a place,just will make my sistem better and more relax,good for nervous sistem. That all my storry. How I see nobody can help me:( XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi, only thing new is UTI. Detailed Answer: You have gone to many orthopedics and chiropractors, but no relief. The other possibility could be the urinary tract infection, including a stone in the ureter near the bladder, sometimes may be missed in C.T.scan. It may need to have urethroscopy. If there is stone in the ureter, if it is big can cause tilt of the pelvis due to the pain. I advise you to consult an urologist for diagnosis and treatment. The other possibility is the gynecological problem, May be pelvic inflammatory disease, or a small lump. These may create tilt due to pain. If it is the case you may need to consult a gynecologist. Practice diversion procedures like meditation. Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor