question-icon

What body systems can be adversely affected by heart failure?

Posted on Fri, 11 Jul 2014
Question: What body systems can be adversely affected by heart failure?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Most of the systems of body can be affected.

Detailed Answer:

There are two types of heart failure.

Left side and right side.

In left side of heart failure the heart can't pump enough oxygen-rich blood to the rest of the body.

In Right-side heart failure the heart can't pump enough blood to the lungs to pick up oxygen.

In many cases both sides are involved.

Almost all the systems of body are affected by heart failure as getting oxygenated blood is important and vital for all to maintain their normal functions.

Depending the side of heart of failure the patient will have symptoms.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Pragnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani