What body systems can be adversely affected by heart failure?
Most of the systems of body can be affected.
Thanks for posting your query.
There are two types of heart failure.
Left side and right side.
In left side of heart failure the heart can't pump enough oxygen-rich blood to the rest of the body.
In Right-side heart failure the heart can't pump enough blood to the lungs to pick up oxygen.
In many cases both sides are involved.
Almost all the systems of body are affected by heart failure as getting oxygenated blood is important and vital for all to maintain their normal functions.
Depending the side of heart of failure the patient will have symptoms.
I hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What couses heart failure
- What are treatments for congestive heart failure
- What is arithmetic heart failure
- What brings on heart failure
- What are the symptoms of heart failure?
- What is the treatment for right heart failure
- What is the treatment for systolic heart failure
- What is the another terms for heart failure
- What are the early signs of heart failure
- What is the cure for heart failure