Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What are treatment available to treat phimosis apart from circumcision?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Hello Sir/Madam, I seek your inputs to treat phimosis. What are the various treatment options aaprt from circumcision. I had this condition since an early age. I was about 8-10 and was treated for it and things were alright for a while. I stopped pulling the skin back at some point and now i am unable to pull it back. Please assist.Thanks,
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 33 minutes later
Dear sir,

The treatment options other than circumcision are forcible retraction, preputioplasty and dorsal slit.

The urologist shall assess you and see whether he can forcibly retract the skin back or not.

Preputioplasty is the widening of the ring and thus allowing the skin to go back and forth; it is an operative procedure.

Dorsal slit is another operative procedure. A cut is made on the dorsum of the foreskin so that the foreskin becomes look like an open book and is easily retractable.


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor