Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What are these painful lumps on my shin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1774 Questions
Hi I've recently developed a couple of painful lumps on my shin They are painful like a bruise, but were not caused by a knock, nor is the skin discoloured. They are painful to the touch and consist of a lump and swelling. What can it be? XXXX
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of thickened vein Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms Presence of spontaneously occurring painful lumps over the shin without any history of trauma I would consider the possibility of 1. Phleboliths or thickened veins 2. Fatty necrosis Exact diagnosis will depend on clinical examination. In the absence of any discolouration of skin or other symptoms, there should not be any cause for concern and should resolve. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor