Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

177 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What are these dents on my forehead?

Answered by
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 2065 Questions

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I keep waking up with indents on my for head skin , mostly small circles
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be fungal or allergic rash

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, with such acute and abrupt presentation with such short history possibility of allergic reactions or contact dermatitis is more likely though fungal infections like tinea capitis or ring worm should also be ruled out.

A dermatologist review must be needed as whether to start antifungals or steroids as steroids help with allergic reactions but on the contrary worsen the fungal infections. Simmilarly antifungals will have no affect on allergic rashes.

With such short history possibility of Chronic skin condition like psoriasis etc gets ruled out. However diagnosis will depend upon detailed and mandatory examination by a dermatologist.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on