What are the withdrawal symptoms of Aropax?
I have been on aropax for 20 years and have had horrible ecfects during this time . But with drawing is horrible . Please help me this is the worst drug and i feel it should not be prescribed to people .. The anount of horror stories out there are unbelievable
I want to feel again ... Not be in a fog , not scared , not nauseated every day , daiky headsches , insomnia fatigue and panic
Very slow tapering needed, kindly mention the dose.
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query. I can really understand your concerns.
Aropax (paroxetine) does cause discontinuation symptoms, more commonly the all other SSRIs. There can be some common side effects like weight gain, drowsiness, headache, sexual dysfunction etc.
Since you have been taking this drug for almost 20 years, the withdrawal from drug would be difficult.
So, a very gradual dose reduction is needed.
If you could mention what doses you were taking last, we can with out a dose reduction plan for you which should cause minimum possible discomfort.
Other than this, drink plenty of water, eat green vegetables and fruits, try and practice deep breathing and meditation.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Reduce the dose as detailed.
You are most welcome.
You are still having panic attacks.
I feel it is more of your anxiety disorder than aropax, which is troubling you.
Anyhow, if you feel that aropax us not suitable for you, you can shift to 12.5mg CR formulation of aropax first. Take it for two weeks. Then shift to Aropax 10mg for two weeks, 5mg for next two weeks and stop.
If you still feel troublesome withdrawal symptoms, a more gradual tapering can be done.
For panic disorder, you can go for another antidepressant antianxiety drug like Zoloft or lexapro.(prescription drugs).
Valium can be taken when needed.
Kindly discuss this with your doctor.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of phenobarbital
- What helps sertraline withdrawal symptoms
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of norco
- What helps zoloft withdrawal symptoms
- What are the withdrawal symptoms for neurotin
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of adderall
- What are sertraline withdrawal symptoms
- What are withdrawal symptoms
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of krimson 35
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of femulen
- How to reduce weight?
- Suggest treatment for increase libido
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- What causes fear of disease or death, dizziness, heaviness in head and SOB?
- What causes digestion problem after having Dicorate ER?
- Can ED medicines be taken along with diabetes medications?
- Suggest treatment for clots on legs while weaning off Adderall
- Suggest treatment for MDD and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder