Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

What are the vital signs to be reassessed for fluid volume excess when suffering from congestive heart failure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I have a 96 years old patient with congestive heart failure. Just want to know what vital signs are required to reaasess very 4 hours for fluid volume excess nursing diagnosis? T empeature? Pulse?; respiration ?; Blood pressure or O2 Sat?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that for fluid volume excess strict intake output record needs to be maintained . The total amount of output should be more than or atleast equal to input to patient be in negative or equibalance . In auscultation of lungs if you have basal crepts then it is an indication of fluid overload . presence of pitting pedal edema also denotes the same . Whatever parameters you have mentioned BP monitoring will be more important but rest all should also be observed but they are not specific to fluid excess. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor