• question-icon

What are the various ways to terminate pregnancy?

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Sir,
my wife is 3 week pregnant , but we don't want baby right now. what should we do ? please advice us.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MTP should be done under the gynecologist.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

Medical termination of pregnancy (MTP) with abortion pill can be done up to 9 weeks in most cases. Failure rate of medical abortion in very minimal in early weeks of pregnancy.

Medical abortion is absolutely right way to abort early pregnancy. However, pills shouldn't be taken by herself without doctor's prescription. Few percentage D & C is required in case of incomplete abortion or failed MTP.

Here, I suggest you to consult with local gynecologist for proper guidance, dose, complete prescription and emergency purpose (in case heavy vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain).

Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck and take care.

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 5 days later
I have an unprotected sex with my wife ,21, on day after completion of period & taken i-pill with in three hours of inter course , as far as my knowledge goes on a sperm can alive up to five days in her body so now my prime concern is that what's the possibility of pregnancy by this situation ?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Welcome back again.

Unprotected sex just after period is extremely SAFE and she took I-Pill within 3 hrs for extra protection. In this case, she has NO chance of pregnancy.

She will get a withdrawal bleeding within 5-7 days due to effect of the pill and it is quite common phenomena. Don't be worried much.

Hope, I have answered your query. Good luck and take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist