What are the uses of Montelukast Sodium tablets?

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Sat, 19 Mar 2016 in General Health
Question: why would my dr. prescribe montelukast sod 10 mg tablets .
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
Hello & thank you for submitting your question.

Monteleukast sodium, also known as Singulair, is a type of anti-inflammatory which is often used in patients with allergies or asthma. It might also be prescribed in the setting of nasal polyps, allergic skin rash, or in patients receiving intravenous immunoglobulin. Depending on your presenting symptoms & the findings of your doctor's physical examination & assessment, this prescription might have been provided for these reasons. If you ever have a question about your doctor's treatment plan, don't hesitate to ask him/her why they're giving you a particular medicine & ask as many questions as you need.

Hopefully this helps!

Dr Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T