What are the uses of L-Methylfolate and Methyl-B12?
Megaloblastic anemia. Both needed some times
Thank you for asking
i read your question and i understand your concern. When the doctor is suspecting some anemia especially megaloblastic anemias where size of red blood cells increase ( megaloblasts ) > 100 MCV then we advise these folates and vitamin B 12. Former helps in RBCs maturation and later helps in B 12 replenishment likely causing this pernicious megaloblastic anemia.
So use them in combination and keep an eye on your blood count. Usually B 12 comes in animal sources of food and if one is a vegetarian or does not eat much animal food, then there is a chance of getting B 12 deficient.
So trust your doctor and use them both. it won't do any harm. I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Methyl b12 tablets
- Vitamin b12 nervijen injection used for what?
- Gnc methyl b12
- Benfotiamine and methyl b12
- L methylfolate supplements
- Methyl b12 vs. cyanocobalamin b12
- What are the side effects of l-methylfolate with vitamins b6 and b12?
- L methylfolate calcium
- What are the side effects of l-methylfolate/b12/b6/b2?
- B12 methyl cyanocobalamin