What are the uses and side effects of restozeal capsules?

Dr. Kiran Kumar

Posted on Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: would you mind telling me the uses and side effects of restozeal (resveratrol) capsules?
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 19 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.

Your question is quite important and interesting.

In the recent years, there has been considerable interestin the compoud called Resveratrol. It is also present in Red Wine.

There are more than 4000 published reports (experiments, animals and humans) about the benefits of Resvertrol. However, the controversy is not far from over. More so because, recently, it was found that, Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX oneof a renowned scientist fabricated the data to favour Resveratrol. Hence, in this context, ther is a summit of International Scientists to be held in December 2012, called Resveratrol 2012 at Lucknow, India.

Here scientists from various countries are coming to discuss the future of the compound.

As of now, it is considered to be beneficial for prevention of cardiac diseases, some cancers and for weight loss. It is also proposed to have anti-ageing properties. It is said to be be beneficial for vision and and in alzheimers disease. Most of its effects are likely due to its antiinflammatory and antioxidant properties.

Sideeffects are not really serious as its a natural compund. It is found to reduce pigmentation of the skin. This itself is used for treatment of dark skin.. Since human studies are minimal, we do not know the full range of resveratrol side effects, risks or benefits at this time. No significant resveratrol side effects have been mentioned in the medical literature as of April 2010. Perhaps if a person takes several pills a day they may have headache, nausea, restlessness and perhaps shallow sleep but this is just early feedback from some users and I am not certain yet that it is accurate. So it is quite safe according to current literature.

Hope this answers your query.

Sincerely,

Dr Kiran