What are the usage of corn cap?
Thank you for writing to us.
Follow reasons for corn caps:
-Corn cap applied on a corn, helps in softening and thus loosening the skin that is present on top of a corn. A corn cap is applied for duration of 2 days, and once it is removed, we can peel of the skin present on top of the corn, and eventually the corn itself. For deep-seated corns, you might have to re-apply another corn cap. Most times, one corn cap is not sufficient for the successful removal of a corn, a maximum of 5 corn caps for each corn can be used.
-While walking, pressure on the corn can cause pain and/or discomfort, the corn cap (cushion like), helps take pressure off from the corn
Feel free to write back to me with any further clarifications. I would be glad to help.
I have a corn on my right feet & am using corn cap for the past 3 days I haven't seen any difference
Kindly advance should I get it operated ?
Thanks for the follow up query.
Do not worry. As I mentioned, each corn cap can be used for a duration of 2 days. Some corns are deep-seated and tough, and require more than one corn cap. Use a maximum of 5 corn caps, which equal 10 days.
Even after this if you find no relief from corns, only then surgery could be considered. In the meantime, wear clean comfortable socks and shoes. Do not share your footwear with others.
You are most welcome. I wish you quick relief from corns, and a healthy life thereafter. Feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...