What are the treatments for erectile dysfunction for prostate surgery

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: What are the treatments for erectile dysfunction for prostate surgery. I had surgery six months ago and have been taking Cialis. Does age play a factor in returning sexual function? My doctor said it might take two years or more and still no guarantee..
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can you elaborate on the dysfunction?

Detailed Answer:
Hi Tjld,

Erectile dysfunction may persist for a long time after prostate surgery, as your doctor points out. Can you further describe your erectile dysfunction? Can you achieve an erection? Is the problem an inability to maintain an erection or ejaculate? Cialis is one way to go, penis pumps and ultimately intracavernous prosthesis may help. But it is important to note, that the dysfunction may better in the first few years, where cialis may be adequate treatment.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj