What are the treatments available for Achilles tendonitis?
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query and health concerns,
The Achilles tendon attaches your calf muscles to your heel bone, or calcaneus. You use this tendon to jump, walk, run, and stand on the balls of your feet. Continuous, intense physical activity, such as running and jumping, can cause painful inflammation of the Achilles tendon, known as Achilles tendonitis.
Many treatments are available for Achilles tendonitis, ranging from home remedies, like rest and anti-inflammatory medication, to more invasive treatments, like steroid injections, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, and surgery. You can do -
reducing your physical activity
very gently stretching and later strengthening your calf muscles
switching to a different, less strenuous sport
icing the area after exercise or when in pain
elevating your foot to decrease any swelling
wearing a brace or walking boot to prevent heel movement.
I hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tremor in achilles tendon
- Treatment for achilles tendon injury
- Nodules on achilles tendon treatment
- Treatment and cure for Achilles tendonitis
- Bulging achilles tendon treatment
- Is indocin used in the treatment of achilles tendon rupture ?
- Treatment and cure for achilles tendon inflammation
- Treatment of achilles tendon lipomatosis
- What is the down side to not repairing achilles tendon
- Achilles tendon heel pain treatment