Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What are the treatment options for wax impacted in ears when not relieved from demorex and peroxide?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
I have wax impacted in both of my ears. I'm sure it's from my wearing hearing aids. My ear, nose & throat Dr. tried to remove it but the pain was ungodly. He suggested demorex & peroxide and after 10 days, (twice a day) the results were negligible at best. Do I have any other options?
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: increase the frequency of drops Detailed Answer: Hello, First of all the number of drops you are putting is i suppose very less . It should be 5-6 drops 4-5 times a day for 5 days (5 days is enough , but the frequency and amount should be more ) . Then only the wax will get softened up . sometimes the wax is removed in steps , like in two sittings . The wax removal can be done under microscope. Under vision if done is quite safe and pain less. Secondly , there can be other ways like syringing , in which a jet of water is given in the ear under vision and the wax does comes out very easily and in a painless way.But the prerequisite for this method is that there should have been no perforation in the ear drum and you do not have any vertigo problem. In doubt do reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What are the treatment options for wax impacted in ears when not relieved from demorex and peroxide? 46 hours later
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes it can be used Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes any ear drops which are meant for wax removal. I prescribe wax ear drops , not Hydrogen peroxide ,like SOLIWAX ear drops which contains-- paradichlorobenzene, benzocaine, chlorbutol, turpentine oil, butylated hydroxyanisole. Hydrogen peroxide drops will also do. In doubt do reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor