Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What are the treatment options for nasal septum deviation along with concha bullosa?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
Dear Sir, My collegue has a problem in breathing, since last 3 months he is taking nasal drops for ease of breathing, recently he has approached an ENT surgeon and advised for surgery after verifying CT Scan report. he is suffering from nasal septum deviation along with concha bullosha. kindly advise further in this case, whether surgery is an only option or anything else can be done here.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Steroid nasal spray and oral steroids Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Your CT scan PNS is showing the changes of pansinusitis which is due to blockade in the drainage and ventilation pathways of the sinuses. A prolonged course of intra nasal steroid sprays with short course of oral steroids along with nasal decongstants is usually tried before planning for surgery. If your doctor has already tried this and this scan is post medical treatment, endoscopic surgery is a good option. Persistent of symptoms post medical treatment is an indication for surgery. Otherwise, the main complaint is obstruction which can be because of a deviated septum and concha bullosa. This part will also be addressed in the surgery. If not willing for surgery, above mentioned medical treatment can be tried for extended duration. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor