Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

129 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What are the treatment available for hyperhidrosis?

Answered by
Dr. Ganesh Sanap


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 561 Questions

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: my hands and Feet sweat a lot.
when i feel nervious,or exited or angry
or any emotion .This causes a lot of problem XXXXXXX to which i feel odd some times
i heard that this is called hyperhyrosis.
please let me know how can my problem be solved?

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 19 minutes later

welcome XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in.

It is a hyperhidrosis. It can be controlled by medical or surgical procedures.

Medical treatment- aluminium chloride , a antiperspirant, drug which can be used as gel or ointment. But its concentration must be high in such cases. Anticholinergic drugs can be used orally,
like oxibutinin and glycopyrolate. But they have few side effects like drowsiness.

Surgical treatment- botulinum toxin injections on particular ganglion can be tried. Other is endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy. In both these procedures nerve supply to sweat glands is cut off.

I will suggest to consult a board certified physician . Then only plan of action can be decided.

Hope I have answered your query. Any follow up are welcome.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics