Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What are the treatment available for anxiety disorder?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 415 Questions
mental health I don't have mental health insurance but, I need to see a doctor about my anxiety problems which I've developed heavily in the past year. could I go to my family physician and express my issues and get him to write me a prescription for 2 mg Xanax? I know you shouldn't take other people's prescriptions but I did in a very crowded atmosphere and it calm me down to where I was comfortable yet coherent. please help as possible!!!!
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 37 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Anxiety disorders have various types and treatment depends upon many factors that require a comprehensive assessment by a specialist, for a proper treatment

Tab Xanax , yes, will help you in relieving anxiety in short-term but may harm you and actually might worsen anxiety in long run. Your general physician should be able to write a prescription for this.

I would suggest that you see a specialist as soon as possible and till that time you could take Xanax as and when required

Anxiety disorders are quite treatable and there is no need to be panic

Wish you good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor