Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What are the tests other than barium test can be used to effectively exam colon?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
I have a redundant colon. I am 66 and had a colonoscopy 10 years ago. The procedure resulted in the doctor being unable to reach the end of my colon. I then received a barium enema. No problems were found but it was almost impossible for me to eliminate the barium. I did not mind the colonoscopy, but am unwilling to participate in the barium test because of problems with eliminating the barium. What alternative tests can be used to effectively exam my colon?
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Why Do You Want Another COlonoscopy ? Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in My primary question is why do you want to go for another colonoscopy if no problems were found on barium earlier ? Yet if you want you can go for a CT or a virtual colonoscopy Hope this helps Do write back in case of concern....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor