question-icon

What are the symptoms to look for after having injury to left buttock?

Posted on Tue, 19 May 2015
Question: I fell on my left butt cheek. I have a litte tenderness in the area no swelling or bruising. I am able to walk fine no pain this happened this morning. I feel okay I just want to know what to watch for.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Watch for low back pain or pain during straining.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.

That kind of fall could cause two possible damages: lumbar column damage and coccygeal damage.

If you start feeling low back pain, it is possible a lumbar column damage ( muscles, intervertebral discs and bones).

If you feel any pain in toilet eg. ( straining), possible coccyx damage.

If you didn't feel any pain so far, I don't think you should be worried.

Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical