question-icon

What are the symptoms to look after a fall in an infant?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: my 4 month old son just fell off the couch on to the carpet. we checked everything and nothing seems to be hurting him. there are no bruises or blood. he is acting normal just a little fussy. is there anything else I need to be concerned about?
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concerns but don't worry. If your child looks okay to you and seems to be acting normally, chances are the fall didn't cause serious injury.

I would recommend you to check him thoroughly to rule out any bruise, concussions, tender points on palpation and any swelling. Also, keep a watch on his activity and breathing patterns in next 24 hours.

Hopefully he will be fine as most falls from heights below 3 feet so not lead to serious injury.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician