question-icon

What are the symptoms to look after a concussion?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: I had a fainting/ seizure this morning and fell on my hardwood floor and believe I have a concussion. What should I do? I show many of the symptoms associated with a concussion and have kept awake.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
CT scan of head.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

In the present clinical scenario,I suggest you to undergo a CT scan of head along with bone window to look for any cranial or intracranial injury.
Plain as well as Contrast CT should be done.Contrast CT will help to screen for any structural lesions which might be associated with seizure.

Hope this helps.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist