What are the symptoms of vaginal yeast infection?

Excellent

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
I started having uti-like symptoms about 3 weeks ago. So I started drinking tons of water and taking cranberry pills, which usually does the trick fast. The pain woild come and go, so I thought maybe it could be my latex allergy. But my husband and I stopped using latex condoms and I am still suffering. I feel like I have to pee ALOT, it just feels so raw and it itches and burns horribly. And there is some blood when I wipe after I pee, which I assumed was because it feels raw... does this sound like a UTI still? What else can I do??
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may require blood and urine examination

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

In case of vaginal yeast infection there will be burning, itching and discharge. The monistat is an antifungal drug which works by stopping the growth of yeast (fungus) that causes the infection.Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve after 3 days.

You may have a different type of infection such as bacterial vaginosis and urinary tract infection (UTI) but there should be constitutional symptoms such as fever, chills, flu-like symptoms,abdominal pain and bad-smelling vaginal discharge.

If you are having these symptoms contact your doctor immediately because these may be signs of a more serious infection and you may require lab investigations like blood and urine examinations.

Thank you.