What are the symptoms of typhoid?
Typhoid carriers colonize bacteria and frequent relapse
I wish to say that Widal test (O and H titres) has no relevance during relapses of typhoid fever. I wish to know if stool or blood culture was done during the episodes. It is important to take the medicine for a minimum of 15 days without fail. Have you taken the antibiotic for 15 days during first episode? Sometimes typhoid carriers (S.Typhi bacteria colonizes in human small bowel for years called carriers) needs prolonged treatment up to a month to two months till the cultures are normal. These carriers keep shedding the bacteria through food, water and gets infected again and again. However it very unusual to have relapses if you have already taken the antibiotic for more than 15 days.
Also please check where you eat food and drink water? Is that source of typhoid infection?.
The next step for you is to under blood cultures. Meet an Internal medicine MD doctor who can explain you about typhoid. Keep temperature record, weight record and all the complaints you have. Again as I said the counts O and H titres may not be relevant all the time.
For time being you should use antispasmodic medicines for stomach pain relief such as Mefenamic acid, spasmoproxyvon.
Hope this gives you a good insight about the disease.
impression: monocytes with toxic change in neutrophils and an occasional reactive atypical lympocytes
this is my blood report..
can u please get any idea regarding this..??
typical typhoid blood picture
This reports are typical of typhoid blood picture. You should get a prolonged antibiotic therapy for a month. You can be labelled a chronic typhoid carrier.
Please see an internal medicine doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of typhoid infection
- Symptoms of typhoid
- Symptoms of typhoid vaccine
- Symptoms of typhoid disease
- What are the symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Symptoms of typhoid perforation
- What are symptoms of typhoid
- Symptoms of typhoid, thyroid dysfunctions
- Are rash symptoms of typhoid fever?
- What are the symptoms of typhoid cancer
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?