What are the symptoms of typhoid fever?
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
You should not worry about the positive Widal test after fever is over.
Widal test is a serological test which demonstrates salmonella antibodies against salmonella antigens ( which cause typhoid fever ).
These antibodies persist in blood for sometime even after fever is over and hence a positive widal after fever is over doesn't mean much and hence nothing to worry.
Eat light and healthy and home cooked food .
Wash your hands thoroughly with soap after going to toilet because one excretes some bacteria in stool for some time.
I hope it helps however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of acute typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever symptoms balding
- Typhoid fever symptoms in children
- Symptoms of recurrent typhoid fever
- What are the symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Typhoid fever symptoms testicles
- Symptoms of Typhoid fever
- Are rash symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Symptoms of chronic typhoid fever
- Symptoms of uncomplicated typhoid fever