What are the symptoms of thyroid disorder?
thyroid requires intricate balance.
Dear XXXXXX, Thyroid is a gland located in all of us in our necks. It produces two hormones T3 & T4 under the influence of another hormone, TSH coming from pitutary located in brain. So it is essentially required for all metabolic functions of the body. now coming to its disorders and indicators of its dysfunctions. it can work more or work less. if it works more known as hyperthyroid state, pt loses weight, sweats a lot, heat intolerance, eats a lot, goes hungry always, increased stool frequency, heart beats more, palpitation, tachycardia.
If it works less known as hypothyroidism, pt puts on weight, cold intolerance, loses appetite, constipation, dull, drowsy, sleepy, depression, mood changes.
If you think of any thing present in you , may not all, please check your TSH, FT4 and let me know the reports. regards!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of benign thyroid disorders
- Symptoms of latent thyroid disorders
- Thyroid disorder symptoms women
- What is the remedy for thyroid disorder
- Symptoms of thyroid disorder
- Symptoms of overactive thyroid disorder
- Gagging symptom of thyroid disorder
- Symptoms of thyroid disorder diabetes
- Symptoms of immune thyroid disorders
- Symptoms of isolated thyroid disorder