What are the symptoms of staph infection?

Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff

Posted on Fri, 10 Apr 2015 in Infections
Question: I have been off antibiotics for Staph since XXXXXXX 23 2015. I had a sed rate done yesterday and it is still high at 50. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
More diagnostics needed to find out if infection reoccured

Detailed Answer:
Dear Patient,

in order to find out if the staph infection (or any other infection) is active again i need more information, which i also recommend figuring out with your treating doctor:

1. do you suffer from any symptoms like fever or other signs of infection?
2. are other indicators for infection in the blood elevated like c-reactive protein, leukocytes?

If yes that is an indication that there can be an infection active again, be it from staph or other kind. Depending on where the main symptoms are there needs to be further diagnostics to detect the cause. To give you an example: in case you are coughing> chest x ray, in case of abdominal pain> ultrasound, just examples.

You can get back to me about the questions i raised above and i will gladly give you further advice.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 28 minutes later
Thank you so much - I now know what to go back to the Dr with. Very helpful information, a pleasure speaking with you.
Answered by Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glad i could help

Detailed Answer:
Dear Patient,

I am glad i could help. Wish you good health and that everything turns out good.

All the best, take care