question-icon

What are the symptoms of stage 2 of chronic kidney disease?

Posted on Tue, 12 May 2015
Question: Hi my creatinine went from 68 to 82 umol/l in one week. my gfr went from 88 to 70. i also have albumin up to 78 mg/l. Is this stage2 CKD?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Not necessarily

Detailed Answer:

this is probably dehydration judging from the high value of albumin and the small elevation of creatinine. I suppose that your urea is raised as well.

Creatinine measurement cannot differentiate between acute or chronic conditions. It reflects kidney function in general. In many cases such elevations may be only transient, particularly in dehydration.

If you'd like you can upload the rest of your tests to help me assess your condition more completely.

Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis