What are the symptoms of soft-tissue sarcoma

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: what are symptoms of soft tissue sarcoma
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
picture needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I would like to know the site of body involved because symptoms differ according to the site of involvement.
Also in case possible send me picture of the lesion.
Waiting for your response.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 9 hours later
what is a lesion ? is that what is needed to have soft sarcoma? also would the lump be hard or not
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Salient features explained

Detailed Answer:
Soft tissue sarcoma is usually soft and palpable (felt easily).
It is many a times visible as a swelling and even warm to touch and can be tender.
But in certain patients there can be silently growing mass which is not visible on outside but can be delineated with the help of ultrasound.

Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 59 minutes later
soft and pliable? would I absolutely be able to feel a lump though

I am heavier. My top left arm seems more 'squishy' than the right? like there is more fat..it does kind of look like a mass but not like in your face. my boyfriend says it does feel a little swollen but thats probably because its bigger than the other arm. is this normal? it is not warm to the touch

Also by tender do you mean painful?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgeon examination advised

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear, tender means painful because in sof tissue problems the adjacent tissue reacts to the problem and causes pain especially if presses from outside for palpation.
And in general one arm is heavier than other in many people around so why are thinking of sof tissue sarcoma which is otherwise a rare thing to occur.
It has a very wide variety of presentation but yes it is usually soft to touch and is palpable bit as I said in some cases it starts growing inside the skin but is not revealed on the outer skin as a lump.
In case you are still anxious, better to visit a surgeon for proper examination.and work up.
All the best.
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN