What are the symptoms of sinusitis and bronchitis?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I had hoarseness for 2 weeks followed by co
d symptoms with nasal congestion and taste and smell loss. Today I woke up with a tickle in my chest and coughi g up of colored mucous. I have no fever. Could this be sinusitis or bronchitis? Thanx. nb
nd smell liss
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is Respirstory tract congestion.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

It seems like upper respiratory tract infection and inflammation might be mild viral along with allergy so there is no fever.

This can be involving sinuses as well as throat.

Here are a few things which you can do at home.

1) Take steam inhalation daily twice a day.This will soften the mucous and will let the sinuses drain this inturn will reduce congestion.
2) Take anti histamin like benidryl 10mg daily at night.
3) Take tablet Alegra D this will help with pain inflammation and congestion.
4) OTC nasal decongestant sprays help too.
5) Warm steamy drinks help.
6) If things don't settle down in 5..6 days then contact your doctor he might run some tests to help diagnosis and he may get Xray of sinuses. He might also give you antibiotics if he finds indication of infectious etiology.

Don't panic things will get better hoarsness and taste etc will get better as problem settles down.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.