What are the symptoms of sinus infection?
This could be chronic sinus infection.
Dear Mr. XXXX,
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I had gone through your question.
According to your previous history you don't have sneezing, itching in eyes, or watering of nose or eyes. Then your condition is unlikely due to an allergy.
All your symptoms suggestive of a chronic sinus infection. Many times with chronic infection we don't find infective focci on scans; it only reveals inflammation. At this stage you need an endoscopic sinus surgery to clear the disease. Since you are not responding to medical line of therapy , surgery is highly recommend. Endoscopic sinus surgery has revolutionized the treatment of sinus diseases. You will not have any external scars and it will not affect your function in anyways.
The recurrent sinus infections cause narrowing of sinus opening and there by affect normal sinus drainage. At some point of time, when an individual not responding to medical therapy say inspite of 3 months of continuous treatment you are not responding, then it is the indication for sinus surgery.
We remove all unhealthy and edematous mucosa of sinuses and enlarge the openings of sinuses. So the sinuses start functioning normally and there won't be any collection.
If you are happy with my answer, kindly close the discussion and rate my answer.
Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.
Take care Mr XXXXXXX
Dr Paparaja S MBBS MS
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of sinusitis infection
- Sphenoid sinus infection symptoms
- Symptoms of fungal sinus infections
- Sinus infection fatigue symptoms
- Deep sinus infection symptoms
- Symptoms of frequent sinus infections
- Signs symptoms sinus infection
- Maxillary sinus infection symptoms
- Sinus infection symptoms dizziness
- Sinus infection vertigo symptoms
- What causes severe ear pain, headaches, nausea and lightheadedness?
- Is it safe to give Motrin along with Sudafed for strep throat?
- Suggest the type of specialist to consult for word retrieval aphasia
- What causes hard lump on inside of throat?
- Can Azithromycin be taken for nasal congestion and ear pain?
- What causes constant throat clearing and cough?
- Suggest treatment for swelling on the chin
- What could cause a child to fail in hearing test?
- Suggest treatment for bumps near wisdom tooth and headaches
- What causes black spots behind ear with bleeding?